Monday 14 July 2014

Gut Feeling


Of late I've been thinking about what guides our subconscious, whether or not we take heed to it and what repercussions our final actions have. I'm sure every one of us has made a decision that when asked they can't trace it back to any logic and so your natural response becomes "It was a gut feeling".  I stumbled on some article that referred to a gut feeling as that quirky urge. A funny tingle. That little voice in your head. It goes ahead to talk about how a gut feeling, in a sense, is your own form of innate wisdom and a lot of other interesting facts about how gut feelings are our subconscious mind speaking to us, from what I understood anyway.

A gut feeling can help make decisions whose impact is far more reaching than we could ever imagine. So the other day I was making my way to school, well I was actually preparing to leave the house. I had gotten into the car and was about to get out of the parking when something told me "go into the house to confirm if you have left my school ID". Logically I would have simply opted out of doing that since I have a backup ID which means getting into school shouldn't be a problem but on this occasion I thought what the hell, why not indulge the feeling and just check.

I had only made it past the front door when I heard a screech of tires then a loud bang, A bus that was trying to overtake a lorry had swerved off the road to avoid an on coming  matatu and rammed into the wall of the hospital opposite home passing squarely at the junction where I would have been positioned had I left those few seconds earlier. In short I had survived being hit by a bus because I went back to look for an ID I didn't need. Of course as is the culture of Kenyans everyone rushed to the scene to find out what had happened, fortunately or unfortunately for the injured passengers the hospital staff rushed to their rescue ferrying them towards the hospital so that they could be given medical attention. At least there were no fatalities ,kinda makes you wonder about life though.

There have been other incidents where I have narrowly escaped being mugged in town because I just got this feeling someone was following me and I make my way into a shop where I have no intention of buying anything, or I decide to break even though the guy in front of me isn't driving recklessly then they go ahead to swerve out of the blue and luckily I have time to react. Little things that when you add up make you realize that you must on some level know these things are going to happen, even if it is subconsciously or maybe you have super powers. just sayinG

No comments:

Post a Comment