Tuesday 5 May 2015

3D , Why bother


I still remember my first experience with a 3D movie and honestly, it was horrible. The Pirates of the Caribbean 3 had just come out and I think at the time only Sarit Center was showing the movie in 3D. It was all the fad and not wanting to be left behind being techno-savvy and what not I of course showed up on the premier weekend to soak in the awesomeness of Johnny Depp (No homo) wait , do people still say that or did it die a natural death like the show that spawned it.

That's besides the point, so I get there all excited and the cashier asks whether I want a front row seat or... the balcony. My face twists in fascination cause in my mind I'm picturing this secluded both atop the cinema from where I can look down upon the masses and wave. Rude shock alter, the balcony is a row of squeezed seats, heck even a matatu has more space that those so called balcony seats that cost a little extra (should have just bought popcorn).

The movie finally starts and I come to a realization, I really like 2D movies. The setup of the so called 3D movie is so that and image overlays another image to give an illusion of 3 dimensional object (epic fail FYI). Realizing I can't see diddly squat because of these overlays I take of the glasses, what's the worst that can happen right?

Fast forward 2 hrs and 20 minutes later as we are leaving the cinema hall and boom, a super migraine with vomiting and dizziness to boot. I barely made it home in one peace and continued to reel from the effects for at least another 12hrs.

So the Avengers movie recently came out and would you believe it, only available in 3D. I had to watch it but didn't stop me from cursing occasionally because of all the action scenes I kept missing because of the  3D effect. If you ask me, this must be the stupid invention anyone ever came up with, if I want to see 3D then I will look at the objects around me thank you very much. Its not a surprise the TV's didn't sell very well and yet people still make movies in 3D. Sometimes I really wonder about humanity and whether or not we truly are rational beings. Just SayinG

No comments:

Post a Comment