Wednesday 21 November 2012

FLEETING TRUST

So i was having a discussion about the episodes of the green eyed monster, I mean we've all been there, that moment when you think everything is going just fine then she pops that question that warrants you to say "Don’t you trust me?" and we all know how that’s gonna end.

Picture this , you're in a club with you gal right and this fine ass chic winks a smile at you. Being the human that you are (we're being real here) of course you're gonna flash a smile , I know I would. But therein begins your problems, your chic sees that and she's not taking any of it. "Is this what you do when I'm not here ?" a bunch of other words that we know most definitely are gonna lead to a fight. So my question is , what gets us to this point ? Is trust really that difficult a virtue to encompass I mean really, if you say you love someone it can't be that hard to just let things go ? Someone back me up here.

So let me continue, she flips out right and you being the idiot that you are, you think I can probably argue out logic so what do you do? Get into battle of words trying to justify why your lip curved into an upside down frown when you know dead well there's noooo way you're getting out of this one.

"Blah blah blah" (as if I'm gonna tell you what she said)

"…. but babe you know I love only you "(ha ha ha even as you say these words you know you're screwed six ways to Sunday but hey when did that stop anyone).

Now , if common sense was well…. common this is where you would shut your mouth and just nod but hey, what would be then fun in that. You go on the offensive and start saying how you have done nothing wrong , then you get to realize just how much she has been holding in as she starts blurting out things you had long forgotten and thought forgiven. Don’t you love when people do that , bringing things up in the most unexpected of times . So I stop to ask myself, where does jealous really stem from?

Here in case 2, "Babe, am going out with a few pals …."

"Who, with?" she goes ahead to mention a bunch of chic names then inserts a guys name in the middle hoping you didn’t hear , I mean c'mon how dumb can one be. So of course your gonna pretend like you cool with this or maybe you really are (doubt it) mark you this is the guy who you know has always been trying to vibe her. So I have to ask, where do you draw the line because this guy never really accepted your relationship and she keeps giving you that cliché line that we're just friends , I'm not buying that . Long story short you're gonna get jealous and if predictions are right one of those stupid fights that none of your friends wants to get roped into will ensue. This really sucks especially if guys just wanna go out and have fun.

My opinion , this is just human nature to want to forgive but to be so hurt that all we can do is bury the pain and hope against all hope that somehow it never comes to the surface(wishful thinking I know). Worst part is we sometimes carry the pain over to the next relationship. So here's how I see it, simply just take the time to put yourself in the other person's shoe , you might be surprised just how not so black and white things really are.


Am just sayinGTm

3 comments: