Sunday 13 January 2013

SCARY AFFAIR



We  were sitting in a room , my pal kept staring at the ceiling with that spaced out look. He had been like that for a while now, oblivious of the world around him almost in a trance as it were. "You guy kwani what's up?"
"What the hell is this now, she's telling me that she's late man"
I couldn’t help but burst out laughing, we'd been in this precarious situation before and time and time again, ad told my pal to always take the necessary precautions but hey, Shit happens right. I could see the frustrations lines  form on his face, that helpless look you get when you feel the world around you caving in, " Dude screw that maze, me am not dealing with that crap".
I was trying to look for words but then again what do you tell someone in that situation? We've all been there once or maybe a few more times than we'd care to remember, that fear filled moment when you think you're gonna be blessed with a bundle of "joy" and you don’t know what next step to take. Whether to bury your head in the sand and hope beyond all hope its just the universe playing a sick joke on you or maybe the gal is simply trying to find out how you would really react in that situation. Let's take the latter for instance, so  a girl tells you she's paged and she's gonna keep it, any rational guy who hadn't planned for that of course isn't gonna want to listen to that story so how do you think he'll react ? We both know it I just don’t have the courage to write it here, bottom line chic breaks up with guy. Back to the story, so my boy calls up the gal to find out if she's playing games (story for  later ) or she's for real.
The conversation starts up kinda sketchy, guy doesn’t really know how to bring up the issue without sounding insensitive  so he beats around the bush with small talk all the while building up to" the big question". Finally he just blurts it out , " Are you for real or are you just messing with me ? Cause if you are we are totally done." You can see his face start to cringe in anger all the while I'm trying my best to hold back the laughter. I can faintly hear her voice, you know how loud speakers can be sometimes. I make out the words two days so I start thinking to myself , maybe it's just been two days you know ,  things could work out for the better. My pals face changes my conviction about the same, he's near tears now I'm wondering what the hell is going on, finally he gets off and obviously am eager to hear what's happening. He's barely audible, "………two days ago"
"Dude, ebu speak properly I can't make out what you're saying or its good news huh?"
 I tap him on the shoulder his expression's still the same, then he just goes ballistic tell me all about how she was messing with him and that she had started two days ago. His face is torn between joy and anger but my goodness ad like to see what he does when they finally meet up, but that my friends is a story for another day.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha thats crazy ish bt bottom line the chik jus wantd to see how he'd react if t rilly happnd

    ReplyDelete