Thursday 25 April 2013

HALF OF MY HEART



When do you know it's over?  Anytime we feel sad or disillusioned about where our love lives are going music comforts us, the lyrics guide us(This actually reminds me of the movie Music & Lyrics if you haven't watched it then shame on you).  In it we find solace and a mirrored emotion that helps us to relate with what i can only call everyone's reality.
We try to process the break up understand what we did wrong and if possibly we could have done anything differently, half the time we don't get it right. We end up with assumptions of what we think we didn't do never truly addressing the issue as we should have thus beginning a cycle of never budding romance. So I decided to do a self evaluation.  A journey of self discovery riddled with answers hidden in a shrouded past. I wanted to find out why I was so hell bent on a path of self destruction (maybe I'm being a bit dramatic but you get the point)
So I've done this for about  two months now, studying my reckless patterns and trying to find out its inception and I think I'm nearing it. As of now my believe is there are certain aspects of your past(people included) that you have to completely let go of. I'm not talking about I'll call you once in a while I mean I'll never see you again goodbye because as long as there's a part of you that will always ask "what if" you can never truly move on. Now I know most people don't agree with me, heck if you had told me this about a month ago I would have probably been your number one opposition but we grow and learn right? Love is not a switch it can't be turned on and off as you please so my advice, when your right hand offends you cut it off. For as long as you entertain this could be, would have been love it holds you back and all you can give is half of your heart. I for one don't wanna do that, I don't wanna love someone with half of my heart if they are gonna love me with all of theirs.

i'm just sayinG

No comments:

Post a Comment