Wednesday 21 May 2014

Days of Future Past

Spoiler alert ... I kid , this has nothing to do with the movie I just kinda liked the title and thought why the hell not. What I wanna talk about is something completely different.   So recently I was having a talk with a very close friend about how at some point we just start seeing things differently,  we develop a matured perspective as I would like to call. And she asked me what triggers it?
This is where I feel the title comes into play, we are a manifestation of past occurances come to culminate in the future as a representation of what we were and what we are yet to become. A man is in the future what he chose in the past, I believe that sums it up well. Though I thought to myself is that to mean that we are set I paths unchanged,  destined to live out mistakes we may have made in our your ?
At this point I will digress to explore the idea of the movie Benjamin Button , truly 2 and 45 mins hours well spent. I think the person who conjured the idea was in the right frame of mind , why should we be subjected to youth when we are too green to appreciate the value of it and suffer the burden of knowledge when we are too old to act on it ? This is time there really is gonna be a spoiler but if you haven't watched Benjamin Button by now I guess you're just asking for it. I believe we should live our lives in reverse , old and frail and as we grow younger, wisdom too will come to follow.  
Back to what I was talking about earlier , destined... no... fated to a life based upon decisions come to pass. I would like to think that in as much as we might try to sway the course of our future differently , to some extent we are set in our ways and things might change but sometimes it means that they simply remain the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment