Thursday 29 December 2011

We All Must Grow Old


I grin at resemblance of a me long forgotten, a speck in the memory of existence. Maybe all good things must come to an end, fleeting dreams stymied from the future by the harsh reality that is our living. I can’t remember what it felt like to behold the innocence of a child, to fear not the aspect of simply being. 

 I have become an old soul accredited a conscience that lingers over like impending doom, binding my free spirit in a prison of society’s making. Am I to think, it would be best to forever stay young, impervious to the facts that every bitter better childhood must at some point succumb to the inevitable truth, we all must grow old.

People are designed to progress through the various stages in their life , endure different challenges and experiences each leaving their own mark on us. I quote " what are we if not our memories"  at the end of the day it's the only thing we take away from all of life's up's and down's.


At the end when all's said and done, we can only but appreciate the beauty of being human, that we are born ,we grow old, we learn and eventually we expire. 

It's a wonderful cycle   , am just sayinG.

No comments:

Post a Comment