Saturday 7 June 2014

Petrichor

Petrichor for those who don't know is the scent of rain on dry earth ,for me it is a representation of the simpler things in life.  The things that keep us grounded when the world spins out of control and it feels like we're on a war path.

We all need a center for when our world spins out of control because at some point it always does. Feels like the pressure of the world is weighing us down and we can't seem to get up , its overbearing and we seem to be the only ones who feel that way. To you in that situation I say , Petrichor (of course I'm being symbolic here). Symbolic in the sense that things like Petrichor take you back to a more innocent.... peaceful time. When things didn't have to make sense and our biggest worries were, will there be people to play with .

I remember when I was little , there was a time we were out riding our bikes and we ended up getting caught in the rain, the wind was so strong it was virtually impossible to pedal so we had to get off our bikes and push them all the way home. I had never been so excited about rain the way I was that day. We were completely soaking wet and I'm pretty sure I caught the flu but the wonder of those strong winds never stopped amazing me. 

I speak of such tales because they represent simpler times, we seem to have become a society propelled by a need to flaunt and expend generated income , failing to appreciate the little things that make life great. Maybe we'll find our way back there one day, to times of milk moustaches and genuine smiles , to beautiful laughter and dancing in the rain. Just maybe, just maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment